Presented by CALI & CO dance with The Welcome Matt
NOV 30-Dec 2, 2023
Please join CALI & CO dance for an evening of dance, live music, community connection and transformation!
PERFECT. explores perfectionism and its impacts on the individual body, and the collective body, and seeks to dismantle notions of standards and norms (whose standards, whose norms!?!)
RESPONSE. researches the space between stimuli and response; seeking what is possible in the pause, the breath, the moment, the choice...
Show Dates and Times:
Thursday, 11/30 | Friday, 12/1 | Saturday, 12/2
Run Time: 1hr | No Intermission | Concessions will be served
*ADA Accessible entry, seating, bathrooms
TH, Nov 30 – Special Guest Performances TBA and post-show Q&A
FRI, Dec 1 – Special Guest Performance by ROCO dance’s Body Language and post-show Q&A
*creative work by Choreographer Maxine Fischer-Duzgunes
SAT, Dec 2 – Special Guest Performances TBA and post-show Q&A
*Pre show activities and concessions 7-7:30pm, Q&A 8:30-9pm
CALI & CO dance Collaborators
Artistic Director, Performer: Christine Cali
Music Director, Performer: Matt Langlois/The Welcome Matt
Production Manager, Performer: Jenna Valez
Event Coordinator: Kim Holt
Dance Collaborators & Performers
Moriah Costa, Devon Chi, Tamara Chu, Rian Dixon, Chelsea Gregory,
Alyssa Harrison, CJ Logel, Farrah McAdam, Jenna Valez, Carla Vega
Music Collaborators & Performers
Ricki Carter (Drums/Percussion)
Matt Langlois (Composition, Recorded Sound, Guitar, Vocals)
Adam Rossi (Keyboard and Vibes)
Raven Malouf-Renning, Chisa Kobayashi, Alexandra Tiscareno
In this Performance Process CALI & CO dance, seeks to:
• Engage in, learn with, and transform from live performance and community dialogue
• Work at the speed/pace of relationship and trust building (Brené Brown)
• Build relationships through creative process and performance, across genres, communities, and audiences
• Support each performer/collaborator in creative process, be in reciprocity with audience and community through live performance and engagement
• Honor diverse lived experiences and perspectives through intersectional awareness and an accountable and liberatory framework
• Flow in and out as Facilitator, Collaborator, Performer, Observer roles
• Create something meaningful, and agency-building, through a process that feels purposeful and examined
• Open dialogue early and throughout the process so we are not creating/performing in a silo or vacuum
• Cultivate joy and the potential for experiencing a liberated body as an individual, collective, and community
Please feel free to reach out to us with curiosities, questions, or if you would like to get involved: email@example.com
Donations are happily accepted and appreciated to support the hard work of our creative team and events!
For Tax deductible donations please click our fiscal sponsor CALI & CO donation page HERE.
For donations directly to our artists please venmo: @calidances with a note: perfect response
We would be OH SO grateful, especially as dance is SO underfunded and undervalued!
CALI & CO dance is Fiscally Sponsored by Dancer’s Group
Photo Credit: Myray Reames
Image Description: One dancer with photo stretched and blurred so it looks like four dancers, dressed in off-white, with iridescent rainbow lighting around each dancer. There is black background, and white block letters at the center and top of the title of the piece, PERFECT.RESPONSE.